Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome to AD BIKES Design / Build / Ride Blog




Hi my name is Toby. I am the owner and designer at Alpine Designs Bikes. This blog is designed to feature images and describe steps throughout the frame design and building process. I will also post stories and pictures about re-conditioned, repaired and modified bikes that myself or my crew have done. There has to be some epic ride reports thrown in too.

Both consumers wishing to see some detailed work and DIY bike builders will most likely get a kick out of the content to be listed at this site. I have been a bike shop owner, mechanic, designer and builder since 1992/93. For many years I slept on the floor of my shop and literally lived, eat and breathed bike riding, racing and building. My company, Alpine Designs, has built over 3,000 bikes and we have sold many other brands and still currently sell the KONA brand. I hope that viewers and followers of this blog enjoy the work projects showcased here.

A few samples of stories to come...

DESIGNING, BUILDING AND BRAZING A WISHBONE AND A FORK


&

DESIGNING, BUILDING AND PAINTING FILLET BRAZED FRAMES

&

DESIGNING, BUILDING AND PAINTING TIG WELDED FRAMES

&

A TOUR OF THE FRAME SHOP AND BUILDER PROFILES


&

CUSTOM BIKE PROFILES

&

EPIC RIDE REPORTS